onsdag 25 mars 2009

Finally

Thanks to computer problems I haven't been able to update you on my reading.

I finished The Labyrinth (Labyrinten) about two weeks ago and I feel that I really can recommend it to those of you who are interested in history but don't want it all to be too much facts. A historical context and authorial (is that a word?) liberty to add people to make a good story is about just the best thing I know.

After the book I read two smaller books which are called Breaking and Bad News With Baby Animals and F in Exams. Two really short and funny books.

The first one is full of awfully cute pictures and in the shape of postcards so if you are out of luck you could receive a postcard that says "The meteor can't be stopped" and see a cute baby bunny on the picture. I wouldn't mind bad news that way.

The second one is full of examples from real exams where you can read about History:
Where was the American Declaration of Independence signed?
At the bottom.

Or maybe Classical studies:
Name the wife of Orpheus, whom he attempted to save from the underworld.
Mrs Orpheus

Or what about Religion:
What is a pilgrimage?
It's when lots of people wander off in the same direction fo no apparent reason.

Two of my favourites are:
What were Jesus' closest group of followers known as?
The 12 decibels
And:
Name one famous Greek landmark.
The most famous Greek landmark is the Apocalypse.

These two books are read in about 30 minutes but they are so funny you will read them over and over again. Most of the school topics are covered and if you need a break and read something serious for a while I can tell you that right now I'm reading "Aspie, that's me" (Aspergern, det är jag) which isn't as fun but very interesting. I have only read about 30 pages but I will tell you more when I get into it.

Inga kommentarer: