onsdag 4 mars 2009

New topic

As I'm supposed to be a teacher in Swedish and English I just thought that I should do some blogging in English also. Not only in my native tongue.

Travels are a passion in my life, as are books. So now I have decided to once in a while blog about books on this page. That might help me pick up my speed in writing on the computer also. My fingers are qiute fast when it comes to Swedish but they are slower in English. I need to be faster.

The first thing I want to mention is that I, last year, read 46 books all in all.

So far this year it has been 9 completed and the tenth is on its way. It is called Labyrinth (Labyrinten), written by Kate Mosse, and takes place in France where I spent last week. It is really wonderful and I can feel how I still walk around in Toulouse and look at the nice church of Saint-Etienne.

The thing is that the story is kind of a thriller story.
It begins with Alice Tanner, who happens to be at an archeological site, working for a team while on holiday. She isn't an archeologist herself but got the opportunity through a friend who is one of the leaders. She finds a cave with a grave in it and finds herself dragged into a historical mystery where she is, somehow, linked to a girl called Alaïs who lived in the 13th century.

It is a thrilling book where you follow both Alice in 2005 and Alaïs in 1205 in their different struggles trying to survive the history about the crusade against the Cathars (katarerna).

I have read about one third of the book and I can already say that if you are interested in history and religion together with thrillers or mystery novels this is a book for you. I hope I still think so when I'm done.

3 kommentarer:

Norrsken och stjärnfall sa...

Ja det kan man ju alltid hoppas att du fortfarande tycker när du läst ut boken. Den verkar ju bra. Kanske är något för mig - in a distant future... :-)

Kattis sa...

Det är väldigt irriterande att det dyker upp en "logga in" grej precis som den du har på andra bloggen, men det spelar ingen roll hur mkt man fyller i den så försvinner den inte. Efter ett extremt många tryckningar på att ta bort den så försvinner den. Kan du inte ta bort den?

Katrina sa...

Du har fått ett Pris, kolla min pyssleblogg! :D:D
http://designkatrinaliden.blogspot.com/2009/03/ett-pris.html